LifeStraw personal water filter converts contaminated water into potable water. It is used for hiking, travel, and emergency preparedness as a personal protection device against illness caused by e. coli, Giardia and Cryptosporidium, as well removal of waterborne protozoan parasites. It contains no chemicals or iodine, is easy to clean, and comes with a one year warranty.
LifeStraw® solves the problem of illness due to unsanitary conditions following a disaster or other emergency. It is common after a disaster to have more deaths and illness due to waterborne contaminants than those caused by the original disaster event. When each member of your family or group has their own life straw, they can filter contaminants out of the their water, providing an extra level of protection against contracting disease. It is important that each person has their own life straw to prevent cross contamination. It is also important to have the Life Straw stored in an easy to reach place so that it can be used at a moments notice.
Some of the Benefits associated with the LifeStraw® are:
- Filters 264 gallons of water
- Removes 99.9999% of bacteria from contaminated water sources
- Removes 99.9% of protozoan parasites
- Only adds 2 ounces of weight to your emergency kit or backpack
- Easy to drink with a high flow rate.
- Does not use iodine to process the water.
- Easy two wear around the neck for quick access.
- Five year shelf life
- 264 gallon capacity
- Weight: 2 oz
- Dimensions: 9" x 1" diameter
- 100% Disposable